Volunteering in Solihull can make a real difference to your own life and the lives of those around you. There are lots of ways to get involved and plenty of organisations that can help you find your dream role.
Three steps to finding your perfect role:
- Think about what interests or excites you. This could be something you enjoyed doing before, or something completely new.
- Think about what time or skills you can give. With so many opportunities to choose from, it’s a great idea to narrow down the choices by deciding what you’re willing to give.
- Get researching!
Solihull Activator Opportunities – Fancy supporting our team?
We need your help to support the delivery of local physical activity opportunities in Solihull. Fancy leading a walk, helping people cycle, meet and greet at sessions, a spot of office administration, social media guru, helping people complete a Couch to 5k, encourage families to take up table tennis, or be an ambassador for sport and physical activity in Solihull. Whatever your passion there is a role for you just get in touch!
Register your interest to volunteer with us at Solihull Active by completing our expression of interest form.
Please click on the headings below for more information about each volunteer role.
Lead short, accessible, community-based walks for people wishing to improve their health through regular physical activity.
It is great for walk leaders to have a helping hand, particularly on larger walks, and for walkers to have an extra person to talk to when they’re out and about.
Lead short, accessible, community-based walks to help new parents get active, socialise and better connected.
Introduce, encourage and develop table tennis in your community to get people playing, learning new skills, games and friends.
Provide and lead safe and enjoyable running sessions across Solihull to groups of all abilities.
Perfect for confident cyclists who are enthusiastic about taking groups out and about.
Can you support us to fix local bikes and perhaps even lead local bike maintenance workshops for communities to learn new skills and help them get back on their bikes.
Social media support: Can you help us to promote opportunities to the people of Solihull via Facebook and Twitter.
Ambassador: Passionate about sport and physical activity and how it can help people, then why not become a Solihull on the Move Ambassador and inspire others.
Support, advice, expertise and information for your club
Community and voluntary sports and physical activity clubs and groups play a vital role in encouraging more people to participate in sport and physical activity. They are at the very heart of our villages, neighbourhoods and communities.
This section sets out to offer practical advice and information to make it easier to run your club. You will find handy hints on how to promote your club to attract more members, how to raise funds and how to manage your club more effectively.
For more information on Sport and physical activity training courses follow the link
Other Opportunities in Solihull
A wide range of sport and physical activity volunteer opportunities exist and can be found below:
- Solihull CAVA – Are the local voluntary community sector Infrastructure Organisation for Solihull.
- Love Solihull – Love Solihull is an environmental initiative coordinated by Solihull Council that supports members of the local community in making a real difference.
- Youth Sport Trust – The Youth Sport Trust Team Leader programme has been running for over 10 years and provides individuals with great exposure to the world of sport development.
- Vinspired Youth Volunteering – A UK-wide youth volunteering programme that provides young people aged 14-30 with access to thousands of opportunities.
- Reach Volunteering – Reach is the leading skills-based volunteering charity in the UK and the single biggest source of trustees for the voluntary sector in the UK.
- Volunteering Matters – Volunteering Matters believe that everyone can play a role in their community and should have the chance to participate: they build volunteering projects and programmes to reflect this.
- Do IT – Every 45 seconds someone in the UK finds a volunteering opportunity thanks to Do-IT Life.