Support, advice, expertise and information for your club
Community, voluntary sports and physical activity clubs and groups play a vital role in encouraging more people to participate in sport and physical activity. They are at the very heart of our villages, neighbourhoods and communities. This section sets out to offer practical advice, support and information to make it easier to run your club. You will find handy hints on how to promote your club to attract more members, how to raise funds and how to manage your club more effectively.
For more information on training that clubs and groups can offer please click here:
Club Matters is a One Stop Shop of support for sports clubs, which provides support, learning and guidance on all aspects of running a club whether it is large, small, formal or informal.
Online Support – There will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
Mentoring – Flexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club through online, group and one to one mentoring at a time and place to suit you.
Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan, identifying recommended actions and priority areas.
Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club and make suggestions on areas for improvement. You can choose from our pre-written questions or create your own bespoke review.
Safeguarding in sport and physical activity is the process of protecting children and adults from harm by providing a safe space in which to play sport and be active.
A key part of child safeguarding is spreading the message about keeping children safe and building a culture of always acting in the best interest of all children.
One important difference between safeguarding adults and safeguarding children is that, as well as focusing on creating processes and systems to safeguard, there also needs to be a culture that consults with adults on every decision that affects them. Adults can of course make their own decisions, so it’s important to keep them well informed.
Below are a list of organisations that can support you:
- Sport England – working to safeguard those at risk
- NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit
- Solihull Local Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Solihull Safeguarding Adults Board
- A Guide to DBS Checks for Sports Teams and Clubs
For information on safeguarding courses that Solihull Active offer, please visit https://solihullonthemove.co.uk/training-and-courses-sports-physical-activity-and-sport/
Our Partners – offering support to your workforce
- Club Matters – provides free, convenient, practical resources to help organisations to develop, grow and become more sustainable and successful;
- Uk Coaching – hear about coaching news, podcasts, courses, videos and campaigns;
- Play Their Way – child first coaching resources to ensure children can contribute to their coaching journey.
- Think Active – our Active Partnership;
- Solihull CAVA – support accessing volunteering opportunities, developing a community group, accessing funding or strengthening your governance;
- Sports Structures – one of the largest national training providers of education and training services in sport.